Blogger Widgets Orang Kuantan: S.M.I.L.E

Friday, 21 December 2012

S.M.I.L.E





               Alhamdullilah, praise to be upon HIM, The Most Gracious and Merciful Lord. Today, we are  fortunate to learn new things that practically can be apply in our daily life. Our new lessons for Computer in Science is related with S.M.I.L.E. 


              The simplified molecular input line entry specification or SMILES is a specification for unambiguously describing the structure of chemical molecules using short ASCII strings. SMILES strings can be imported by most molecule editors for conversion back into two-dimensional drawings or three-dimensional models of the molecules. For further clarification, click here.

Examples of chemical campound in S.M.I.L.E:



Ethanol
CCO
Acetic acid
CC(=O)O
Cyclohexane
C1CCCCC1
Pyridine
c1cnccc1
Trans-2-butene
C/C=C/C
L-alanine
N[C@@H](C)C(=O)O
Sodium chloride
[Na+].[Cl-]
Displacement reaction
C=CCBr>>C=CCI


SMILES Symbols

·  String of alphanumeric characters and certain punctuation symbols
·  Terminates at the first space encountered when read left to right
·  The organic subset are B,C,N,O,P and others


Other SMILES Atoms
 Aliphatic or nonaromatic carbon:  C. Atom in aromatic ring: lowercase letter. Designate ring closure with pairs of matching digits.

For example, C1CCCCC1 is Cyclohexane

 
SMILES Charges
 l. Specify attached hydrogens and charges in square brackets
2. Number of attached hydrogens is the symbol H followed by optional digit.

SMILES Cyclic Structures
: Break one single or one aromatic bond in each ring
: Number in any order
–Designate ring-breaking atoms by the same digit following the atomic symbol

Cyclic Structures
Numbers indicate start and stop of ring
Same number indicates start and end of the ring, entered immediately following the start/end atoms
 
Further Restrictions
A branch cannot begin a SMILES notation - A branch cannot immediately follow a double- or triple-bond symbol-Example: C=(CC)C is invalid, butlC(=CC)C or C(CC)=C are valid SMILES
                             
Disconnected Structures
Tetramethyl ammonium bromide  C[N+]C(C)C.[Br-]



Examples of S.M.I.L.E :

S.M.I.L.E



S.M.I.L.E



S.M.I.LE


Thats all from us!


No comments:

Post a Comment